Family, Fun, and Adoption

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Fun few Days

This has been a busy week. On Sunday the kids sang with the children's choir at church for Palm Sunday. They have been going early to church to practice for the past month and I am so glad that they decided they wanted to be a part of it. It was very cute and they did a great job.








After church we went to an Easter Egg hunt. The owner of where Damen works lives in a private community that hosts the Easter Egg hunt every year to raise money for a local charity. Last year they raised $6000 for a child in town that had cancer. Everyone has a great time and the only thing they ask for is a donation to the charity. I think there was about 2000 eggs on the ground and a couple of hundred kids. The kids had a great time and a lot of money was raised.

Only Eli (yes, I decided to use their real names) would sit with the Easter Bunny. Nevaeh had fallen asleep in the car on the way there and was not in a great mood when we arrived. She would not go anywhere near the bunny.


This is not a great picture, but if you look very closely you can kind of see the eggs scattered all over the ground behind the fence. Okay, you can't really see them, but, trust me, there were eggs absolutly everywhere. I think it took less than three minutes for all the eggs to be picked up.


Today we went to Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory with some good friends of ours. The kids waited so patiently for butterflies to land on them.


Finally, their patience paid off.



We have had a great couple of days and tomorrow we are going to visit some friends that we have not seen in a few months. We are really hoping that our corrected paperwork comes in this week but I am trying to to remember that things will happen when they happen and to just enjoy my time with the kids now.





























1 comment:

  1. Hang in there, Cathy. Life certainly does go on despite the kinks in our adoptions. You are in my prayers for paperwork corrections this week. If I make it over before you, I will take photos of M and give you all the details I can!

    ReplyDelete